Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inspiration = YOU

Greetings all! I'm back again but this time around I will be documenting my experiments with photography and maybe some video editing here and there. My true passion is to photograph wild animals in their natural habitats, but with a busy 2 year old running loose and another on the way, I'm afraid my passion will have to be a serendipitous journey. Until then, I'll attempt to stick to capturing captive animals including my toddler.

I started out by seeing other mom's photos online that were spectacular, crisp and looked like a professional had done them. I thought to myself, "I can do that", so I started stalking them to see how it was done. I learned so much in the world of DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras, different lenses, composition, even tried dabbling a bit in photo editing programs such as Lightroom.

I purchased my first DSLR camera - a Nikon D3000. I shot with it (and the kit lens) for a while until I knew which lens I wanted to invest in next. I opted for the telephoto lens (18-55mm) which would allow to me zoom in close to wildlife from a far distance. I've learned how each lens is dynamic, and which situations to use each lens for optimal results.

This will be a never-ending journey of learning, practicing, experimenting and hopefully capturing a few breath-taking images, as seen through me & my little viewfinder.

Enjoy.


No comments: