Monday, February 7, 2011

Changing Direction

Ok I feel guilty for not documenting this pregnancy as much as I did the first. I think I shall begin to intermingle a few posts about pre-natal visits and the inhabitant of my uterus. Aren't you thrilled? I will start by saying that this pregnancy has been easier than the first. I suffered pretty bad acne with Ava, with this one - not so much. I'm almost 14 weeks and morning sickness has subsided for the most part (fist pump!). We are going for an early anatomy scan next Tuesday and I can barely wait. I am dying to start brainstorming nursery ideas and also names for this next one. I'll take a page out of my friend Jessica's blog and start posting her weekly/monthly poll with answers. Here goes.

How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: about 10 pounds (I'm an eater if ya hadn't figured that out already)
Maternity clothes? You betcha
Stretch marks? No thankfully
Sleep: Love it! I sleep all night but do get up around twice to pee
Best moment this week: Having my mother in law see/hear the heartbeat on the doppler over skype (she is in NY)
Movement: none yet
Food cravings: none really
Gender: unknown
Labor Signs: none
Belly Button in or out? in
What I miss: my skinny jeans
What I am looking forward to: finding out if it has a hot dog or a hamburger
Weekly Wisdom: pregnancy is only temporary
Milestones: making it to the 2nd trimester!

For the next week the baby is the size of a lemon.


But between the weigh gain, the belly pop, and the bloating, I feel as big as Stay Puft.
Until next time, thanks for reading!!


6 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay!

PB&J Bud said...

I am so glad to stumble across your photo/baby blog. Why did I not know about this earlier??! Oh, and we NEED some belly pics! BTW, this is Mrs. Jason aka Kathy :)

Steph said...

I'm so excited for you!

Jessica said...

I love it!! I do have a very nice pair of your maternity jeans that I need to return :) And I bought a pair for myself that might fit you!

Kate said...

LOL at stay puft, and your beach pictures are beautiful. I'm glad to be able to follow your blog now :)

Kate said...

Edited to add, I'm k8elee03