Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2 is my lucky number!

Ava was born on December 2nd
She is now 2 years old
I will soon have 2 children
Jax will be born on August 2nd

That's right folks, we now have an official scheduled birthday for this little boy.  That is, unless something happens and they need to reschedule which I am praying does not happen.  Dr. Watson was a joy to see this morning considering I hadn't seen her since my very 1st appointment waaaaay back in early December.   Here she is, isn't she a sight for sore eyes?


(There are 3 OB's that I see on a rotating basis.) She answered my few questions with confidence and got me very excited discussing the date of surgery and the time (7am).  This means no fasting all day like I did with Ava (she was born at 5:01pm), and somewhat of a normal hospital stay without wonky hours etc.  I am already starting to imagine the day and leaving for the hospital in the wee dark hours of the morning and kissing my sleeping little girl goodbye....I already get teary just picturing it.  My dramatic pregnancy hormones are making me feel "mom guilt" about Ava not getting all of our attention and what an adjustment this is going to be for her.  I hope she still likes me when she sees me holding her baby brother at the hospital that day.  I am also sure that these feelings are totally normal for me to have.

Aside from all of that the pregnancy is progressing beautifully.   He moves, kicks, and tickles me ALL.THE.TIME.  I am feeling pretty good, not really any complaints except the onset of reflux.  (A bottle of Tums now resides on my bedside table.)  This has also caused my appetite to slow down quite a bit (thank god!).  I am hoping my recent rapid weight gain and ravenous appetite was just caused by normal growth spurts.

The baby is now the size of one of my all-time favorite Italian dishes....EGGPLANT!

Your Baby: Month 6

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New belly picture later on this week, promise :-)
Today marks 25 weeks exactly.

2 comments:

Mrs.MommyLowe said...

I remember very clearly leaving Parker the morning I was induced with the twins. I cried the entire way to the hospital. You are giving Ava the best gift you can give her.

Steph said...

Glad everything is scheduled! 2 really is your lucky number!