Friday, May 27, 2011

Books, Maternity Clothes and other Updates

Hello all and happy Friday!  Today has been a great day for me, very productive, even got a little nap in :-)  I am happily wearing some new clothes from Destination Maternity and I'm very excited about a book I purchased used on amazon that I am vowing to finish before Jax gets here.

First things first.  This is a beautiful dress I got on Wednesday while out shopping with my little diva.

If only it looked that good on me, lol.
I also splurged a bit and got some Joe's maternity jeans, they are SO comfortable!


I also got three of these lightweight tanks in different colors. 
They are super comfy and perfect for summer!
I of course plan to wear all of this stuff after the baby arrives also since it will be hot for quite a while.

Now, on to the book I mentioned.  I saw this book mentioned somewhere and decided to check it out.  At $3.98 used on amazon I could not go wrong.
So far I have only made it through the preface but it starts out mentioning the Columbine tragedy and how this book was published a few days before it happened.  On the book tour & workshops given, many kids & children were asking about why the parents didn't know what was going on with their sons.  Very intuitive for youngsters to pick up on stuff like that.  Anyhow as the cover states it is about protecting the emotional life of boys.  I am excited to read it and actually finish it.  I haven't read an actual ADULT book in years.

In baby news, I got a call the other day from Ava's gymnastics teacher.  One of the other little girls in the class before Ava had come with Fifth's Disease and she was calling all the parents to let them know.  Apparently this virus is also bad for pregnant women to be exposed to so I called my OB who promptly ordered bloodwork at a nearby lab.  I went earlier today and hopefully should have results next Tuesday or so.  I am not very worried since I wasn't directly around the little girl or following her around licking the equipment she was on.  It's still better to be safe though.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day weekend.  We will be honoring and remembering those who bravely served our wonderful country to defend our freedom.

No comments: