Thursday, June 16, 2011

47 Days Left - But Who's Counting?

Nothing major to report except that I think I have my own gravitational pull.  This belly is getting so heavy but the end is in sight!  47 days!!!  I did have my 31.5 appointment last week.  I got an ultrasound and a few more 3d/4d sneak peeks.  The tech said he has a dimple in his chin but I'm not really buying it.  It really looks like it here but I think it was just distortion in the ultrasound waves.  What do you think?


Here's a recent bare belly pic I took last week at 31 weeks, some odd days:
Lovely, eh?
On to more important things.....SHOPPING!

I felt the need to buy a new duffel bag since I don't really have a cute overnight bag for weekend trips.   I asked my resident Vera Bradley expert BFF Lauren to guide me in the ways of current Vera trends.  I ended up ordering these adorable items:
Large Duffel in Deco Daisy

I also saw the following and decided I must have it as well:
Travel Cosmetic in Twirly Birds Pink
I plan to use my new goodies when I go to the hospital for the extraction.  :-)

I really need to get my butt in gear and get to work on his room.  I have most of the supplies, just have to go pick up the paint and find a certain wall decor item online.  I am keeping his nursery a secret until it's completed because it's going to rock your socks.  I will tease you with one paint color I've chosen.

I couldn't find the exact color from the Valspar website so I will leave you with this inspiration photo.  The aqua color on the wall here is very similar to what will be on the walls in Jax's room.

I am very excited to get things in motion.  I just also realized that this baby will be here in just over 6 weeks and he has a very limited wardrobe.  I need to work on that too.  Oh boy maybe my nesting instinct is kicking in finally?

I must conclude this post for now.  I have a certain 2.5 year old who needs to get out of the house and expel some energy.   I wish everyone a very happy Thursday and to all the fathers out there a very happy Father's Day!!!

4 comments:

Mrs Paul said...

I LOVE the paint color that you have chosen! I can't wait to see the end result!

Junie Luv said...

My Woman Cave (TJ can't be the only one with a man cave right? lol) has a similar wall paint. I'll post pics later on facebook. Love it! can't wait to see his room.

Mrs. W. said...

Aaaaah, it's getting so close!!! Do you know that my college roommate, also named Kristina with a K, is pregnant and due August 2nd? I mean, what are the odds? You crazy Kristinas! :)

I'm psyched to see the nursery! Love that color!

Jessica said...

I needed a hospital bag as well and got the Buttercup duffel! I wasn't into Vera Bradley before, but I guess Lauren is rubbing off on us! :)

I cannot wait to meet Jaxon and see those dimples!!!