Tuesday, March 1, 2011

OB Appt. - Follow Up & Name Unveiling

Today has turned into quite a grandiose one.  I was informed upon my checkin at the Dr's office that my Dr had added an ultrasound on to the appointment to check the anatomy.  I was thrilled and almost did a cartwheel right then and there.  I was called back for the routine stuff - pee in a cup, blood pressure, etc. and Dr. Goldman (love him, btw) came in and told me I look great.  (Thank you MAC under-eye concealer!)  He found the heartbeat on the doppler and there were some other sounds which he indicated was the baby kicking the wand.

After another short wait in the waiting area I was ushered into the dark, sophisticated ultrasound room with Karen (who was our tech with Ava as well).  I was by myself this time so I was a bit more relaxed and less anxious since I didn't have a toddler with me trying to destroy the place while pooping her pants making the entire room stink.  Karen went on to check the genitalia first and this is what we got:

She then went on to check everything else and took her time.  Everything was measuring right on track and little man looks just perfect.

She did also tell me, "you better rest up because this is one busy kid".  Great.  Just what the mother of a 2 year old monster wants to hear.  So all in all I had a wonderful 2 hour trip to the Dr today.  Guess I need to start to planning the nursery soon, fun fun!

Here's a belly shot taken today - 17 weeks (please excuse how tired I look)



And now to reveal the name of our son.  After much discussing and not agreeing on anything, we circled back to square one and put on the table the name we chose if Ava had been a boy.  Some may love it, some may wrinkle their noses but we love it................and DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jaxon Grant Wein

"Jax" for short.  We can't wait to meet him!!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Can't wait to meet little Jax!!!

Jessica said...

YAy!! So happy for you!

Lauren said...

I love the name and glad you got a great anatomy scan today!

Mrs. W. said...

I love the name! Yay for little Jax!

Steph said...

Aw, the name is adorable! Yay!!!